Vistas - Kaskasvagge - Tarfala: Experience needed

Hej,
I need some help!
Starting mid of August we intend to walk from Nikkaluokta via Vistasstugan to Kaskasvagge, turn south after the bridge, pass Tarfala glacier in the east and then over Tarfalaryggen down to Tarfala following the way marked in Fjällkartan. My questions are:
1. Should we prefer the vad south of Vistasstugan or should we take the bridge?
2. What about tent pitches and water between Tarfala glacier and Tarfalaryggen?
3. What is the grade of difficulty compared to the two-pass route via Kuopervagge along the glacier down to Tarfala?
Is somebody experienced and can give me some hints? Any response is appreciated.

Kind regards

Christian

Hej,
I need some help!
Starting mid of August we intend to walk from Nikkaluokta via Vistasstugan to Kaskasvagge, turn south after the bridge, pass Tarfala glacier in the east and then over Tarfalaryggen down to Tarfala following the way marked in Fjällkartan. My questions are:
3. What is the grade of difficulty compared to the two-pass route via Kuopervagge along the glacier down to Tarfala?
Is somebody experienced and can give me some hints? Any response is appreciated.

Kind regards

Christian

1. Take the bridge!
2. I don't have Tarafalaryggen on my map so I'm not 100% sure I answer for the right spot, but the all the way from Kaskassavagge to Tarfala there are like a million rocks, and no really good tent spots.
3. I would say this way is a little easier than the one along the glacier from Koupervagge. Last part i steep, but els it is mostly lots and lots of rocks and some elevation.

Bilagor

• 22008548748_a1d222f333_o.jpg
    22008548748_a1d222f333_o.jpg
    49.9 KB · Visningar: 576
Hello,

I (and many others) have taken that path, so let me try and help (and I saw camlun answered too....)

1. I usually take the bridge, it's only a few hundred meters extra. But if water levels are not high, fording is probably not difficult.
2. Once you have climbed up south of the Kaskavagge shelter the ground is very stony, but when you come higher up towards the glacier there is good ground for tenting, and water shouldn't be a problem. It is quite high so can be rough in bad weather.
3. About the same. Orientation may be a bit more difficult on the plateau below Tarfalaryggen if the weather is bad. Bring a compass.

Enjoy! If the weather is good the stretch between Kaskavagge and Tarfala is one of the greatest in Lapplandsfjällen.

Hej,
I need some help!

Kind regards

Christian

Wow, that was fast! Thank you very much, this was really helpful. Indeed, what worries me most is the weather in such an exposed place. We had a thunderstorm in 2016 south of Abiskojaurestugan (my first in the Swedish mountains) an we will never forget that. But if we face too much problems there is an emergency exit via Tjeuralako.

Thanks again, good to know that there is help.

There are more tenting spots by the little lake southwest of Vardu mountain. And I can confirm that orientation can be difficult in poor weather - the path from Kaskasavagge to Tarfala is easily lost even though there are cairns, so be sure to bring compass AND altimeter AND map, or a GPS.

Taffi

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
stormfrog Keb runt Vistas -> Keb fjällstation via Tarfala: Över Duolbanjunecohkka eller Längs Drakryggen? Fjällvandring 10
553344 Tarfala till Vistas Fjällvandring 9
nicko_ Abisko-Ballinvagge-Aliseatnu-Mårma-Vistas-Tarfala-Cevrraláhku-Nikkaluokta Fjällvandring 26
marianneg Erfarenheter av etapp: Nikkaluokta - Vistas Fjällvandring 8
Fock_it Vistas Tarfala Keb Fjällvandring 5
sofiasahlen Katterjåkk–Nikkaluokta Fjällvandring 13
Kraftverket Nikkaloukta-Vistas-Tarfala-Kebnekaise-Nikkaloukta Fjällvandring 10
Esined Vattennivåer Nikkaloukta - Vistas - Nallo .... Fjällvandring 3
Kryddost Abisko - Vistas - (ej via Keb) Nikkaloukta Fjällvandring 2
björsi Abisko -> Vistas -> Unna Räita -> Nikkaluokta Fjällvandring 15
Mattias33 "Högplatå" mellan Vistas och Leavasvaggi? Fjällvandring 15
deft Nallo - Sielmatjåkka - Vistas Fjällvandring 4
Evelinaeng Frågor om turen: Abisko-Lapporten-Mårma-Vistas-Kaskavagge-Tarfala-Nikkaluokta Fjällvandring 6
nicko_ Katterat-Unna Allakas-Alesjaure-Vistas-Sielmatjåkka-Nallo-Unna Räitavagge-Nikkaluokta Fjällvandring 14
Vortexstar69 Turberättelse Abisko - Nikkaluokta (via Mårma & Vistas) Fjällvandring 4
Matilda3 Sistaminuten-hjälp att välja: Jämtlandstriangeln+Norge VS Abisko-Nikka via Vistas Fjällvandring 0
TimeBender Vistas-Nikkaluokta på en dag? Fjällvandring 6
TimeBender Avstånd Vistas-Nallo-Tjäktja Fjällvandring 7
Ronge Vandra till vistas stugan Fjällvandring 12
Zephyria Dela båt Vistas-Nikka 15/7 kl 14:00? Fjällvandring 0
4g snöläget Tjeuralako, Vistas, Nallo Fjällvandring 1
Elvah Förbjudet att vistas i Stekenjokksfjällen Fjällvandring 17
agneskarin Vakkotavare via Nallo och Vistas till Nikkaluokta? Fjällvandring 4
quango Alesjaure - Vistas - (Nallo) - Sälka Fjällvandring 19
Freespirit Nikka-Vistas-Nallo-Sälka-Kebne fjstn-Nikka Fjällvandring 14
Fossa Båt till Vistas Fjällvandring 0
daniel82 Vistas - Keb, finns väg? Fjällvandring 18
apk Tarfala - Vistas Fjällvandring 4
andersgd Tarfala - Vistas - Nallo - Kungsleden Fjällvandring 4
Pär L Dela båttransport Nikkaloukta mot Vistas 7 juli? Fjällvandring 0
Morganporgan Nikkaluokta-Kebnekaise-Singi-Sälka-Nallu-Vistas-Nikka?? Fjällvandring 23
fjallpinglan TARFALA från vistas! Fjällvandring 5
Walters Vistas-Unna Räita Fjällvandring 2
Vonsan Tarfala-Vistas Fjällvandring 3
Per P Snö och vattenlägen Tarfala- Vistas- Mårmastugan? Fjällvandring 0
piaea Fjällvandring Nikkaluokta till Vistas Fjällvandring 13
9240 Nikka - Vistas - Sälka - Singi - Keb på 7 dagar? Fjällvandring 5
Sedis Nikka-Vistas-Nallo-Sälka-Singi-Kebne Fjällvandring 15
näske vandringled imellan vistas och sälka Fjällvandring 8
sagrol Båttur nikkaloukta mot vistas Fjällvandring 3
PI62 Vistas-Kaskavagge-Tjeuralako-Nikkaluokta Fjällvandring 12
Välja väg Mårma-Vistas Fjällvandring 9
nilshansson Tidsåtgång nikka-vistas-abisko? Fjällvandring 4
larvik line vandring på kunsleden och i vistas dalen Fjällvandring 1
Jönsson72 Dela båt Nikka-Vistas 13/8 Fjällvandring 0
Nettan A Dela båt Vistas 16/8? Fjällvandring 0
larvik line Hur är det i stugan i vistas dalen,, UNNA RÄITTA Fjällvandring 7
petch5 Tips-Nikka-Vistas-Alesjaure Fjällvandring 6
pjurka Alesätno - Vistas hur lång tid? Fjällvandring 5
pal2 Hur ser det ut här då?? Vistas-Kungsleden Fjällvandring 9

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.