Water crossings/Jämtland

Hi all. We'll be in Jämtland next week, and I saw Vålådalen - Vålåstugorna - Gåsen - Stensdalen - Vålådalen suggested as a nice circuit (we need to begin from Vålådalen) but I have some doubts about the water crossings, particularly across Stensån 63.13004, 12.87239 , Härjångsån 63.03810, 12.67741 and Tvärån 63.13336, 12.77984. Does anyone have any feedback about water levels / potential risk on these 3 crossings. I read the crossing at Härjångsån is down but any confirmation welcome.
Also, if anyone has alternative 4 day routes starting from Vålådalen for us (with a 14 yr old) we'd really appreciate your insight. Tack!

Hello,

If you do the round tripp as stated the only crossing you will do is over Härjångsån. And if that crossing looks to difficult then you can continue on the north side of the small lakes. But most likely it will be a easy crossing.

Stensån is only forded if you hike Stensdalen - Vålåstugorna. If you instead go as planned Gåsen-Stensdalen then you will pass Stensån on a bridge :)

And unless my memory is wrong I think there is a small bridge over tvärån as well (which anyway is very small and no problem).

The round trip is one of my favorites in Jämtlandsfjällen so I would stick with it. But if the weather turns out to be very bad then Vålådalen - Lunndörrsstugorna - Vålåstugorna - Stensdalen - Vålådalen might be an option.

/ Stefan

Hi Stefan, if I'm correct I'll be passing Stensån on the Vålådalen-Vålåstugorna first leg, then again as you mentioned on the Gåsen-Stensdalen leg. Thanks for the info, nice to know it's one of your favourites! So far the weather looks okay, fingers crossed.

If you take the normal route you won´t pass Tvärån. Stensån there is a nice bridge. And Härjångsån will not be an issue either. On a more general note, the water levels are depending on the rain and you can only predict that last few days. But right now there are nothing to worry about

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.