Nyhetsrapporter om alpin klättring

Athol Whimp lost

The sad news of Athol Whimp death is hart breaking. For me the team Lindblade- Whimp was pure inspiration. I have to admit I not only have huge respect for them. I admire them. To me they are all I think alpinism is about. The book Expeditions is one of the best climbing books I have ever read. The number of stunning lines they climbed and the visionary style in witch they approach there objectives in remains a benchmark for every aspiring alpinist to follow.

The attempt on the North Face of Janu was one of the coolest failures of modern alpinism. Sadly the line was later exploited in a national project to climb all imposing big walls in the Himalayas.

But for me I think the route they established on Thalaysagar is one of the climbing stories that has captured my attention the most. That and the Norwegian route on Trango established in 1984 is what have largely driven me to be so captivated by the mountains. Its a sad month for cutting edge alpinism.

R.I.P

Athol

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10788098

Polacker toppar G1 vinter

http://www.explorersweb.com/everest_k2/news.php?id=20686

Polackerna Adam Bielecki och Janusz Golab har toppat G1 vintertid.

Gerfried Goschl, Cedric Hahlen och Nisar Hussain är fortf på väg upp på sydsidan. De försöker sig på en traverse och ny rutt.

Nu återstår bara Broad Peak, Nanga Parbat och K2 gällande första vinsterbestigningar på 8000m.
Polackerna (Hajzer) har redan bekräftat BP inför nästa vinter.

Winter G1

Tragiskt nog sa kommer vi nog aldrig mer fa se nagot av Gerfried Goschl, Cedric Hahlen och Nisar Hussain som är saknade pa efter sittt försök att na toppen av G1 via en ny led pa sydsidan.

R.I.P

Ja, verkligen tragiskt och alltid lika overkligt när man följer en expedition under en längre tid och den slutar så...

Editorial: the price of knowing great men

EMAIL PRINT SHARE TEXT

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 01:37 pm EDT

(Tina Sjogren) They say that life is about choices. Tom and I had different options when we met. Acing tests at Sweden's Harvard Tom could have worked in a bank helping people get out of their homes. An ambitious kid at Swedish Television, I could have become famous for interviewing people famous for being famous. We would have been rich and admired in our community.

Instead we took to the world. In all its glory and all its hardship, damn the money. Along the way we set up ExplorersWeb and got to know some of the world's greatest girls and men.

We became parts of their lives. Along with the shots of routes and tents, they sent us pics of their weddings, kids, and pets. Behind the official interviews there were off the record mails, with their dreams, hopes, doubts and pains.

When we lost them, we lost brothers.

Since last weekend I have been unable to shake off images of Gerfried's and Heike's wedding on an Austrian mountain top. He named his first daughter Sagarmatha. I've been worried, angry, and sad.

And it's not the first time. Meanwhile, in their comments our community made sure that hope was last to leave the mountain. Things like that make my choice worthwhile. I'm proud of our tribe.

I don't know the last thoughts of Gerfried, Cedric and Nisar. I don't know if they even ever had any choice at all. The paths of our hearts are not always the easiest or the most fruitful, or the most wise.

All I know is that losing people who truly shine is the most painful. I guess that that's the price of having known them.

Källa: http://www.explorersweb.com/opinion/news.php?id=20718

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
iceman123 Alpin klättring i Norden Alpin / Bigwall 1
robert.karlstrom.77 Vill lära mig alpin klättring! Alpin / Bigwall 3
mBengtson Svensk till G2 i alpin stil. Alpin / Bigwall 5
orren86 Alpin kurs? Alpin / Bigwall 27
zardoz Alpin klättring - inknytning? Alpin / Bigwall 5
Edvin m Alpin förare över Chamonix området? Alpin / Bigwall 2
seon Alpin stil, vad är det, och vilka har gjort det i Himalaya? Alpin / Bigwall 7
Edvin m Lätt alpin isyxa Alpin / Bigwall 16
Nedar Alpin grundkurs sökes Alpin / Bigwall 6
simonthegraf alpin rock climbing in sweden? Alpin / Bigwall 1
chrtur [TR] - Alpin superklassiker Alpin / Bigwall 4
GrpCAndersson Alpin klættring 2008 Alpin / Bigwall 0
owahlund Alpin klättring i chamonix Alpin / Bigwall 5
langby Vill börja med alpin klättring Alpin / Bigwall 11
Carlarmfelt Traditionell 2:nd tool för alpin klättring Alpin / Bigwall 7
chem alpin stil Alpin / Bigwall 41
realout Börja med alpin klättring? Alpin / Bigwall 2
owahlund Alpin utbildning Alpin / Bigwall 8
Ix Alpin ryggsäck Alpin / Bigwall 12
LRF Alpin klättring och vandring i Iran? Alpin / Bigwall 6
mattias_tornudd Alpin klättring St Anton Alpin / Bigwall 0
Jervhed Alpin sele Alpin / Bigwall 17
Pask Ny alpin hemsida! Alpin / Bigwall 2
0399 Hög alpin kurs Alpin / Bigwall 7
grawin Alpin kurs Alpin / Bigwall 3
JonasRenemar Klättring kring Kebenekaise Alpin / Bigwall 3
DavRim Klättring i alperna v 34 Alpin / Bigwall 2
mBengtson Mixad klättring frisolo Alpin / Bigwall 3
zardoz Hur genomför denna klättring? Alpin / Bigwall 6
E9climbing Framtiden för klättring i Pakistan - Post Nanga Parbat Attacken Alpin / Bigwall 1
kjpil Vad hittar man för typ av klättring i alperna april/maj? Alpin / Bigwall 10
Arfvid klättring abisko/gränsen/narvik-området? Alpin / Bigwall 6
anojak Klättring Alpin / Bigwall 12
mo9jan Klättring kring Tarfala? Alpin / Bigwall 10
peter7435 Klättring på farfars tid Alpin / Bigwall 7
MickeOlle Packad för klättring Alpin / Bigwall 2
Mike C Klättring i Kittelfjället? Alpin / Bigwall 4
lillajag åska vid klättring Alpin / Bigwall 16
PerHenrik Bästa tid för klättring i chamonix Alpin / Bigwall 13
bjorn_osterlind Klättring i Chamonix Alpin / Bigwall 2
liedberg Klättring i Jotunheimen Alpin / Bigwall 2
jp Klättring i Jutunheimen Alpin / Bigwall 8
mrwest Klättring i Chamonix? Alpin / Bigwall 2
jliungman Klättring på grönland Alpin / Bigwall 1
föhl Klättring i Trysil? Alpin / Bigwall 0
simon klättring sarekpakte Alpin / Bigwall 2
tobbe1976 Klättring i Ecuador, Peru och Bolivia? Alpin / Bigwall 10
Val av skor för klättring samt vandring Alpin / Bigwall 6
joakimjanninge Klättring på Mt Kenya och i östafrika?? Alpin / Bigwall 0
donga Active List - Klättring Alpin / Bigwall 0

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.