• Vi har ju bytt forum och det finns säkert en del att förbättra. Har du problem? Titta först i forumet Felrapporter om felet redan är känt. Om inte så kan du starta en ny tråd där. Har du förslag på förbättringar eller andra synpunkter så passar ett inlägg i Funktionsförslag bättre.

Hiking tips around the Stockholm area

Hi all,

Apologies for the English message - I hope this isn't a problem. I'll soon be in Stockholm and would love to go hiking for a weekend. What do you suggest? The amount of options available is somewhat overwhelming.

Many thanks in advance!

Especially if you haven't been in the area before, I'd suggest you go island hopping. Maybe the greatest thing about Stockholm is its archipelago. It's special in the way that's there are thousands of islands, some quite big, others very small. It's truly beautiful. There are boats you can take from central Stockholm (commonly called "Waxholmsbåtar" - Waxholm boats) that take you to just about anywhere in the populated part of the archipelago.

I too would start with the archipelago as its a real gem. If you want to stick to land I would suggest Tyresta National Park. Keep in mind the really high fire hazard we got now but otherwise its just to roam free as you like.