Kiruna - contact person - expedtion support

hello,

This summer we will do a 55-day walking/canoe trip in Northern Norway and Sweden. We will start our trip in Tromso (Norway) and walk/canoe south to Kiruna (Sweden). After that we will walk from Nikkaluokta (Sweden) towards Sarek and back to Norway. We will start our walking/canoe expedition on 25th of July and we will arrive in Kiruna around 10 August. We can not predict the exact day, because it is a walking and canoe trip depending on the weather!

We are looking for a contact person in Kiruna to whom we can send a box (max. 8kg) with some food/clothes/gear so that we can pick it up when we arrive for stay in Kiruna?

The idea is to send it with Swedish POSTEN from Stockholm to your door. We think we will arrive in Kiruna around 10 August. We have a friend in Stockholm who would send the package to your address a week before we arrive.

Is this package storage possible? This is very important for the success of our expedition. Details about our expedition you can find on our website.http://patagoniandreams.com/

Thank you very much!

Steve and Katrijn
(Belgium)

post office

hello,

thank you for your quick reply... but the problem is that post offices are closed in the weekend and chances are big that we arrive in the weekend and contiune the next day... we do not want to wait for 2 days to be able to pick up the package.

or can i pick up post packages in stores which are open on sunday?

thank you

According to Posten's web page there are two places in Kiruna that do package delivery, both are open Monday - Sunday. Both are grocery stores (one ICA Nära and one Coop Forum). I don't know where poste restante packages are stored, you'd probably have to call and ask.

I'd suspect it is the larger one (Coop Forum), which is open 08:00 - 22:00 every day of the week.

Senast ändrad:
Kiruna Poste Restante

Hello,

I don't find the poste restante address + opening hours from the posten.se website. Maybe not accesable in the english version?

Would be very helpfull, as we will do it that way next week.

So if somebody could post this here, would be very helpfull.

Thx,
Steve

The address is: Poste restante, 981 01, Kiruna.

The office (serviceställe) is situated on Lastvägen 18. I guess that the Poste restante will be there.

Unfortunately, the opening hours is only Monday-Friday 8.30-10.00, 15.30-17.00.

You can call Posten from abroad on this number: +46 8 23 22 21

Regards /Joel

Kiruna Poste Restante

The address is: Poste restante, 981 01, Kiruna.

The office (serviceställe) is situated on Lastvägen 18. I guess that the Poste restante will be there.

Unfortunately, the opening hours is only Monday-Friday 8.30-10.00, 15.30-17.00.

You can call Posten from abroad on this number: +46 8 23 22 21

Regards /Joel

Thx a lot!
Steve

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
Nyman Buss kiruna?- finland- murmansk Trekking 1

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.