Cheap transport from Hemavan to Stockholm

My wife and I will do the southern part of Kungsleden at the beginning of September.
We are not sure about the exact date in which we will finish the trail and we have some days to spare, so we are looking for a flexible way of travelling.

Could I count on the buses on that time of the year and just be spontaneous or should I book ahead?
What about night trains? Is it possible I'll get a ticket in such a short notice?

My wife and I will do the southern part of Kungsleden at the beginning of September.
We are not sure about the exact date in which we will finish the trail and we have some days to spare, so we are looking for a flexible way of travelling.

Could I count on the buses on that time of the year and just be spontaneous or should I book ahead?
What about night trains? Is it possible I'll get a ticket in such a short notice?

Train all the way to Hemavan is not possible since there is no railway there. A combination of train and bus is of course possilble.
Bus or flying are the two options that comes to my mind, a choice for you based on travel time, cost (and flexibility to book late), ttravel comfort and amount of luggage.
It was a while since I was in Hemavan, but normal rules for travel says book well in advance and non-rebookable/non-refundable ticket to get it cheap. Also travelling in "odd hours" when no-one else wants to travell means cheaper.

Good luck!

/Patrik

Resrobot

Here you will find the available possibilities

https://reseplanerare.resrobot.se/bin/help.exe/en?L=vs_resrobot&protocol=https:&tpl=webapp

For the bus you don't need to buy in advance, train and flights are in most cases cheaper if you buy them well in advance.

When travelling both by bus and train, the best is to buy a resplus-ticket (all sections of the journey on the same ticket). Then you will always get a connection even if the first bus or train is so much delayed that you miss the ordinary connection.

/Thor

If so, I think we'll get the night train with a sleeping car, and travel spontaneously with buses to Umeå

Thanks!

Glöm allt du lärt dig om vandringsskor

Sneakers och löparskor kan vara bekväma för enklare promenader, men de är inte designade för de utmaningar som vandring kan erbjuda. Ojämn terräng, ...