Ask for your advice: Prekestolen, Norway.

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Prekestolen in late May. Prekestolen is located somewhere along Lysefjord near Stavanger in Norway. My main concern is how to reach there since, as a backpacker, I have to depend on public transportation. Is Stavanger the most suitable place to stay for the night? From Stavanger to Prekestolen is there any public bus operating, and if so, how much time it takes to go one-way?

I'm living now in Väst Sverige. What's the most economical way to go to my destination? Someone suggested to me that I should fly to Bergen. I'm unable, however, to locate a flight other than what SAS offers, which is expensive.

I would deeply appreciate your advice and any helpful tips. Thanks in advance!

Hi, Prekestolen is resonably close to Stavanger. It is the closest bigger town as far as I know. When I was in Stavanger 10 years ago we planned to go there but nevere went. I think the fastest way is to take some ferries adn buses even thought it is possible to go just overland. My suggestion is to go to Stavanger and contact the tourist information. Or you could contact the toursit information in Oslo or Stavanger beforehand, there may be a better route than going to Stavanger first.

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.