Arctic Trail/ Lyngen - ask for help

Brukar få lite frågor om vandringsrutter i skandinavien, har dock svårt att svara på följande mail eftersom jag inte har varit tillräckligt ofta i området.

Om någon någon kan svara, maila svaret till: lusis@osi.lv

Mailet:

I like wild terrain and have hiking/ mountaineering experience in the past. I have been in peninsula Kola and felt North nature very fascinating.
Some time ago I found information about Arctic Trail and it looked very attractive. Arctic Trail seemed me very tempting and I began to dream to spend next vacation there. Later I get also information about Lyngen and corrected these plans.

Now I have an idea to take a following route:
I plan to start the hike in Kilpisjarvi and follow the Arctic Trail from Finland to Reisadalen in Norway, than seeing Mollisfosen and Imofossen I plan
to turn back till Saraelv and take NW direction to reach the sea near Kafjord or Olderdalen. Further I hope to find public transport to reach Lyngseidet,
to visit the both halves of Lyngen peninsula in backpacking manner. Return way is planed along Otertind and via Galdahytta to Kilpisjarvi.
Perhaps, I will have to take a bus to leave Lyngen and go till Oteren due to limited time scale -I will have only three weeks for this hike.

What do you think about this plan? Does it seem realistic?

Up-to-now this plan exists only as a dream in my head and to convert it in reality I need an additional information and have to clarify some details.
Therefore I bother you with many questions.

Here they are:

i) What are the indexes of map pages necessary (1:50 000 scale)?
How I can get to know these numbers? I know that Nedrefosshytta near to Mollisfossen is placed on page 1733-1, Lyngen on page 1634-3. However, I have a doubts that the last covers all peninsula. What maps show area between Reisadalen and Kafjord, what are necessary for the path from Oteren
till Treriksroset - I do not know at all.
May be, you can help and supply me with indexes of maps necessary or say how to get to know them.

ii) What about public transport? Does any ferry line exist there between Kafjordbotn and Lyngseidet or ferry goes only from Olderdalen?
Is it reasonable to look after a bus from Kafjorbotn to Lyngen in stead of ship? Does any bus operate in distance Lyngsedet- Oteren? Is it running
every day?

iii) Is Primus type stove an obligation or only a comfort there? In other words, is there camp-fire permitted and fire-wood available at least every
third day or not? I don't ask about great picnic-like fire but only about the smallest one necessary to prepare coffee or sometimes warm-up tined meet.

There are main questions. Additional, is midges a serious problem in July in this terrain?

Sorry for trouble.
Thanking in advance I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
Viesturs Lusis

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.