How to find hiking / kayaking tours?

Hello,

I am planning to visit Sweden for two weeks (somewhere from Stockholm to Bohuslan).

I struggle to find kayak rentals / guided activities by just using google maps. Some of the guided tours seem to not be properly referenced on Google.

How do you look for interesting places / activities ? Do you just google it or is there some app or website you use in Sweden?

Thank you!

Many websites, not just one, so it takes some research.

There are many places that rent out canoes / kayaks. So just start googling after canoe rental sweden / "town" / "landscape" or similar. Most have suggestions for good routes to paddle, and might drive you to a starting point. Guided tours are rare, you can fix it yourself.

Same for castles or old mines or hikingtrails or museums and so on. Shouldn't be too easy...

If you just want to hike or take a canoe on a calm lake you don't need a guide. Southern Sweden has very kind nature. Just find a nice place to hike or rent a canoe and have some fun in a lake.

If you really want a guided tour, here's two links for sea kayaking on the west coast. I haven't tried those myself though.

An online map with good hiking locations, but no guided tours that I know of, is this: https://www.naturkartan.se/en/

The typical Swedish way is to just get out there on our own :)

There is a wonderful canoe location where you can rent a canoe in Munkedal called Kanotcentralen. Beautiful. If you want to hike you can hike Uddevalla - Munkedal, it is beautiful old forest, but pretty easy. But there are so many nice forests in Sweden depending on what you want.
If you wanna be closer to Stockholm there is Åkers Styckebruk where you also can rent canoes.
Close to Gothenburg is Vättlefjäll, can be a bit crowded but there is also nice forest and you can rent a canoe.

Good luck!

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
lmlmlm Ängsö NP access Vandringsleder 4
suvirb Any hiking trip to Sarek v30-v31 Vandringsleder 2

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.