Where Are Best 5-10day Treks in Sweden or Norway in MAY!!?

Hello,

I am going to be in Sweden and possibly Norway all of May and originally wanted to do the Kings Trail, but have found all the huts are closed and due to weather it is not the best. (However, I would still like to go to Abisko if anyone knows if I can still do some day hikes and enjoy my time there) Thus, I am looking for a similar trek elsewhere.

I have all needed for camping (tent, stove, provisions, apparel for cold/wet/snow ect, experience in solo long treks)

Where can I find a 5-10day either continuos or portioned trek with some of the following elements?

-Well marked trails with varying terrain/difficulty

-Wilderness camping where I can find a shelter if bad weather picks up and possibility for restock of provisions

-Wildlife/Fishing hopefully reindeer

-Snow capped mountains views with clear lakes

-Maybe valley with some nice spring flower blooms.

I would prefer more mountain scenes, but know that the snow is still on the ground and am open to other treks where I can camp.

Any recommendations of treks to do in May would be perfect.

I will be starting in Stockholm and am a DNT member.

Thank all for your time!

Cheers,

Gina

Gina,

in the North we do have Winter conditions in May. However in the South there are a plentiful of Trecks. Weather can be tricky since a the Low Pressures from the Atlantic gives cold Winds and Rain or Hail. And the Lows are on a row.

So be prepared for low temperatures, rain and springish Flowers and Trees.
Only in Skane we do have Trecks from 17 to 1 days.

You are a bit short in Planning since you should have done your homework earlier. Getting Maps and Books as I need for my Planning takes time. But www.skaneleden.se/‎ is on the Net. There are Maps and tour descriptionhats, Mapssheets can be printed out.

There is a good book on almost all Trecks in South Sweden, Till Fots, by Lars Magnusson, 9171561528, there are also good Canoing waters in that time Window.
I prefere walking in Wellintons in the spring since it can be wet on the Ground.

Free Descripsons with Maps on Daytrips in Walking Reservates can be had from www.skanskalandskap.se as well as abowe. I assume You do have an Adress in Sweden to get all the printed Matters to.

There is Book on the long Cross Skane Trail, Skåneleden, sold from skaneleden abowe. They also sell Maps with all faciletys and Coulture Tracks around. The long Trail can of course be reduced to your Time frame, Buses and Trains can bring you back to your Destination.

Another good tip on what to do in Summer Sweden, after June. Friluftsliv i Sverige, Friluftsfrämjandet, 9789197641715.

Have a good Tour and wait with Norway, for Winter Conditions until July.
go tur

Senast ändrad:
How about the norwegian coast? You will have almost midnight sun in the Lofoten area, although you might not be able to do very long hikes on foot.

Hi Gina,
unfortunately I need to dissapoint you, but the mountaneus areas of both Sweden and Norway are not suitable for trekking in May as winter conditions still applies. Mid May to Mid June is a transition period between winter and spring with rotten snow and a lot of waters in both the terrain as well as the creeks and rivers. There are also some summer bridges needed to cross some of the more difficult creeks that are not in place until the trekking season starts (which could be determined by the opening dates of the huts in the areas), For northern Sweden ex the Kings trail, trekking season normally starts around midsummer (approx June 20).
As you also indicated Abisko NP in your question, please be aware that there are special regulations in that NP which restricts camping, making fire or pitching tents. You can read more in this tread:
http://www.utsidan.se/forum/showthread.php?p=684696#post684696

However, except for the mountain areas, there are a lot of nice an beautiful trekking possibilities in Sweden during May which you may consider:)

Liknande trådar

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.