Topokartor: Mörka fält och ljusa hus

garmin support svarade som nedan på klagomål från en fransk användare. Deras problem är ju att man made area, et som FriPro använder som öppen mark, används för byggnader i den franska topokartan. FriPro använder airport runway för byggnader, liksom den nya nederlänska topokartan. Att döma av svaret blir det det detta som gäller.

"Thank you very much for this feedback. I also checked with our cartography department on this one today and unfortunately the buildings will likely need to stay black. This is an unfortunate tradeoff that we needed to make to support drawing of other types of maps in Europe. The area reserved for buildings was also widely used to draw open field areas. The people who created these maps requested that we make this area color light (after, as you saw, we released 2.51/vista/ which used black for these areas). Due to the limited number map areas, and because open areas are typically larger and less well-defined than buildings, we chose light open areas at the expense of black buildings.?

I wish I had a better answer for you on this one. We debated this decision quite a bit as we knew it would benefit the appearance of maps for some users, while creating difficulties for other users. Definitely we are keeping track of feedback from users like yourself who prefer the other color scheme and, if more feedback keeps coming in, we might reassess this tradeoff.??Note that the changes to 2.52, and to 2.60 expected next week, are subtle.?If 2.51 works for you and the minor fixes after 2.51 aren't of interest to?you, then by all means you may continue using 2.51.??Thanks again for all of your help on this and I hope that this works out ok?for you.??Best regards,?GARMIN Support

Svaret är lite snurrigt för problemet är ju inte att byggnaderna är svarta utan vita. Oaktat hur sp har Garmin lämnat hela den franska marknaden i sticket gemnom att inte erbjuda firmwareversioner som låter dem som köpt nya mottagare använda dessa på ett rimligt sätt.

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.