Greenland: Prins Christian Sund

Hello out there!

Is there anybody who has paddled in the area of Prins Christian Sund or even beyond?

I have been to southernmost Greenland (Aapilatoq) for hiking some ten years ago and paddled along the West Coast from Sisimiut to Ilulissat and further north in 1998. Now I am considering to go for a kayak trip to the southernmost tip of Greenland. However, as to my awareness this area is somewhat difficult because of bad weather and especially because of the East Greenland Current going north-south and transporting drift ice.

So, I would appreciate it if anybody could help me with own experiences from that area (current, weather, accessability etc.).

Best regards
Philipp

Nanortalik

hi, i paddled from Narsarsuaq down to Nanortalik and futher south to Fredriksdal, the southermost comunity i Greenland. I have written about my trip, sorry its in swedish. http://www.go.to/inuk click on Grönland 2001
good luck

Southern Greenland

Hei!

Takk for svaret! Jeg har gått gjennon internetsiden din og likte beretningene om Grønland. Ble sugen igjen...
I tilfellet at du kommer over litt informasjon om padling i området enda lengre sør og/eller øst ville jeg være glad hvis du ville skrive det her.

Vennlig hilsen

Philipp

Liknande trådar

Fjälledarens tips: Så packar du lätt och når längre

Ibland får man ut mer av naturupplevelser när man tar ut svängarna. Fjälledaren Oskar berättar hur han hittar en större frihetskänsla utomhus.