hiking in Sweden

Does anybody like to spend a day at weekends with hiking in Sweden before the winter arrives?
I live in Stockholm. It would be interesting to know, which are close spots for hiking in Sweden?
Marcel (m, 27, Switzerland)

Tyresta

Only 20 kilometres from the centre of Stockholm lies one of the most unspoilt areas of natural beauty in central Sweden - Tyresta National Park and Nature Reserve... www.tyresta.se

Take bus 807 from Gullmarsplan.

Or take the train to northern Sweden, for example Abisko, but that journey will be a bit longer.
Depart 16:58 from Stockholm, arrive 11:57 in Abisko.
Or by plane to Kiruna for further transport.

(om a more serious note)
The jämtland mountains are a bit further away than those in dalarna (sälen/fulufjället/grövelsjön), but they are perhaps easier to get to, since you'll get there by train over night.

Do keep in mind though that mountain huts are closing down for the season right now. (There will still be some basic shelter, but no service.)

Ok, I see it's not so easy for just a weekend. I probably try out the Stockholm areas first.

As I lived within the mountains in Switzerland, it's something new for me now. But the nature and wilderness is great here.

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.