Sjaunja / Påstavaara: 2 photos, 2 questions

I have completed a trek Abisko-Harrå. Please help me with 2 questions.

In Sjaunja the trail in the swamp is marked by such poles:

Abisko 094a_resize.JPG

These poles are located in great distance from each other, usually you can't see the neighboring pole. But they are connected by underground cables. What is the purpose of that black thing on the poles? The approximate position of the pole in the picture above is here.

After Påstavaara, there is an excellent quad trail:

Abisko 103a_resize.JPG

But at this point, the good quad trail turns north (the map does not show this correctly), while a smaller, older trail continues to Harrå (my destination). Does anybody know where the quad trail to the north leads? Maybe Fjällåsen?

Some additional photos re question #1. I am really curious: the thick black cables that connect the poles, would that be simply an electricity line for isolated houses (Serrujávri)? Do the poles mark a snowmobile trail and the black thing higher up on the poles is some sort of acoustic location system? The cables that connect the poles still look new, but they must have been there for a long time as most of them are heavily overgrown. In our German forum, nobody has an answer, but then we have only a handful of people who ever visited Sjaunja.

DSC05486_resize.JPG

DSC05530_resize.JPG

DSC05537_resize.JPG

Of course it would be easier for me to answer in German, but here I write in Swedish or English. ;)
The cable is quite sure an electrical line, probably power but it might even be just a telephone line.
The black things on the poles are joint-boxes (Kabelmuffen) to connect the cable pieces, and maybe even split it in different lines.
The reason that they are not in the ground as the rest of the cable is to have them accesible in case of a damage to the cable. You can easier locate, in which bit of the cable the damage is if you have easy acces to the joint boxes. And of course you then just have to replace the defective piece of cable.
Cables can look quite new even if they have been out for many years, so I guess it is an older installation.

Henning
aka Fjällräv

But at this point, the good quad trail turns north (the map does not show this correctly), while a smaller, older trail continues to Harrå (my destination). Does anybody know where the quad trail to the north leads? Maybe Fjällåsen?
The quad track runs most likely to Kaitum. It coincides with and crosses the foot path to Fjällåsen close to some lakes north of your position. There are however several tracks in the area so it's hard to tell which goes where without actually trying them.

54heghh8835.jpg

Jag tolkar fotona som att det är en tele-kabel det är alltså ingen el-kabel. Precis som Henning skriver så är de de svarta "huvarna" skydd för skarvar eller fördelningspunkter/förgreningar för kablar. De kallas kopplingsplint. Kablarna är plöjda eller grävda. Jag har själv jobbat ett antal år som kabel-tekniker och skarvat många kablar av denna typ. Kopplingsplintarna sitter högt så att man kan komma åt dom vintertid för att mäta in eventuella kabelfel. Fotot visar en plint i en stolpe för luft-kabel

Bilagor

• 20210917_224528.jpg
    20210917_224528.jpg
    517.8 KB · Visningar: 76
Senast ändrad:
Mina två frågor har besvarats, så snälla låt mig fråga den tredje: vilken typ av antenn finns på Nihpurisčohkka -berget?

DSC05214-1_resize.jpg

Jag tänkte, kanske är syftet att tillhandahålla mobilnät för Tjuonajåkk. Jag kunde dock inte ansluta till något mobiltelefonnät i närheten av antennen. Bara några dagar senare, när jag nådde järnvägslinjen vid Harrå, kunde jag ansluta till ett utmärkt 4G -nät.

HeHe, roliga frågor, området är kanske inte så öde som du tror. Svårt att vet vad det är. Väderstation kanske ?!

Senast ändrad:
Jag har kollat upp lite angående telefoni i detta område. Hitta denna artikel i Televerkets tidning från 1957. Det har funnits en telestation Serrujavri som bla betjänat Tjuonajokk. När stationen avvecklades så har man säkert löst det med kabel och någon form av förstärkning.
Det man ser på Robtreks foto är säkert en radiolänk som betjänar bla Tjuonajokk med telefoni och kanske bredband till fiskecampen mm.
Lite kuriosa jag har själv varit i Tjuonajokk samt hela området mellan järnvägen och Kungsleden många gånger under alla årstider samt även paddlat Kaitum-älven. Men det var många år sedan nu. Dock var det en nyhet för mej om den gamla telestationen.

Bilagor

• FB_IMG_1631985973957.jpg
    FB_IMG_1631985973957.jpg
    461.1 KB · Visningar: 123
HeHe, roliga frågor, området är kanske inte så öde som du tror. Svårt att vet vad det är. Väderstation kanske ?!
Ja, frågorna är lite roliga :) Sjaunja går inte att jämföra med Sibirien, det är sant. Ändå var mitt intryck att Sjaunja kommer mycket närmare en "riktig vildmarksupplevelse" än till exempel Sarek. Det kan ha varit annorlunda tidigare, men jag besökte Sarek förra året i många veckor och jag skulle föredra Sjaunja när det gäller "vildmarkskänsla". Hur som helst har du tur som har två sådana underbara regioner i ditt land.

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
Tobbe C Genom Sjaunja till fots Fjällvandring 36
Mattias Bernhardsson Möte med våren i Sjaunja Fjällvandring 0
anderse Sjaunja v 22-24 Fjällvandring 1

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.