a good 1person tent?

You have also a bunch of US brands with freestanding tents like MSR Hubba etc. The negative aspect vs Hilleberg (and some other Scandinavian manufacturers) is that you pitch the inner- and outer tent on the US brands separately which is negative in a wet climate. On Hilleberg you pitch the entire tent at the same time which protects the inner tent from rain etc.
If you expand your search to include also non.free standing tents you get more options and can also save in both weight and price.
Fjällräven had a freestanding 1 person tent called Abisko Lightweight 1p, but I'm not sure it's still available?

How important is it that the tent is free standing?

There are some American/British/Chinese tents that cost half of what a Hilleberg does, but they are not designed for our climate and as such they usually are "inner pitch first" and have a mesh inner.

If you are willing to compromise on the free standing aspect you can get e.g. a Wild Country Zephyros 2 for as little as 2300 kr.

I found several lower cost and lower weight options with not-freestanding tents, however I think given the climate in Sweden where I go out most, it is not a small detail and the inner outer tend joined together is indeed a big plus when the weather is miserable.

I currently own a Marabut Baltoro which is wonderful for 2 people in any season, however, it is almost 4kg and too much indoor space to warm up with a single body!

I have to admit that Hilleberg knows what it is doing....

Would you mind sharing some information about where you go out the most?

Personally I've owned a few freestanding tents (including an Unna) but I have come to the conclusion that while a freestanding tent is nice to have, I very rarely actually need it. Unless I'm kayaking in an archipelago, I would take a non-freestanding tent any day.

After all, they are usually a lot lighter, stronger (for the same weight) and cheaper as well.

Would you mind sharing some information about where you go out the most?

Personally I've owned a few freestanding tents (including an Unna) but I have come to the conclusion that while a freestanding tent is nice to have, I very rarely actually need it. Unless I'm kayaking in an archipelago, I would take a non-freestanding tent any day.

After all, they are usually a lot lighter, stronger (for the same weight) and cheaper as well.

Mostly I go out in Sweden walking. Sometimes in the Alps, even with snow, however I normally try to plan to stop in "bivacchi" or however I am hardly alone there.

I am also thinking to take up paddling next year here in Sweden and thought the freestanding would be more practical.

Also, I can only find good 3 season non-free standing. How do you find them up here in winter?

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
86Fredrik Trangoworld Light Tent Khak / Black Allmänt om friluftsliv 3

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.