gota kanal

Hi, in the first two weeks of juli i will be in sweden. And while my wife and daughter stay in linkoping i intend to make a multi day trip with my kayak. At least a part of the gota kanal (eg. motala to linkoping). Anyone familiar with that route? is it a good moment to paddle there? any good spots to hang the hammock ?

Takk jag tror jag ska ga inte paddler gota kanal
jag tittade hemsidan og google earth .... kinda kanal ar ett bra idee
(ocksa mer skog for sover)

ska man brukar slussarna med kanot eller bättre passera pa fot ?

( my apologies for the poor Swedish ..... just trying to learn the language myself )

Senast ändrad:
If you going south from Linköping via Kinda kanal, you have to lift the kayaks yourself when you pass the water gates (slussarna), since it's only allowed (for security reasons) to use the gates while going north with the kayaks.

Have a nice time and a very nice trip while paddling. It's a good start to learn the language as well. :)

If you going south from Linköping via Kinda kanal, you have to lift the kayaks yourself when you pass the water gates (slussarna), since it's only allowed (for security reasons) to use the gates while going north with the kayaks.

Have a nice time and a very nice trip while paddling. It's a good start to learn the language as well. :)

We passed Brokind last weekend. We asked if we could hold our kayaks by ropes while going upstream and the guard didn't know. You are not allowed to sit in the kayaks upstream (downstream is OK).
(We carried the kayaks on the return)

Hi, I live in Linkoping and a nice thing to do is to actually start the trip in the city and paddle Kinda kanal (nicer than Gota Kanal as every one else says). An easy start at "Braskens bro". Pass the bridge on "Kylarevägen" and stop in the corner of the parking.
https://www.google.se/maps/@58.4000782,15.6543572,18z

https://www.google.se/maps/@58.4003...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sdNDM_t6Nru3yv2cCuiIxOA!2e0

There are many places where your wife and daughter can meet up as it's not far from a small roads (still very quit though).

I have a friend who rents out kayaks, tell me if you need any help!

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses and tips. Kinda kanal it will be ;)

I intended to start here

but MyranEva suggesion looks bettter so i'll think i'll start here

I intend to kayak to rimforsa

which is roughly 45 Km i guess will take a day or two to complete, zo my hammock will be hanging from the threes along the route.

Kul att du uppskattade Kinda Kanal. Den är ju för låg för segelbåtar men även motorbåtar har ofta bråttom förbi för att fortsätta Göta Kanal och inser inte vad de missar!

jag ska paddlar da igen, men dan en tur i flere dagen en riktning.
( konte inte nu, min fru villa inte kora, pa grund en problem min bil )

Liknande trådar

Glöm allt du lärt dig om vandringsskor

Sneakers och löparskor kan vara bekväma för enklare promenader, men de är inte designade för de utmaningar som vandring kan erbjuda. Ojämn terräng, ...