Suggestions for canoe trip close to Stockholm?

Hi,

I’m planning to do a canoeing trip this summer and was hoping to get some tips or information here. I would like to do a relatively easy 3-4 day trip with wild camping with 3 persons in one canoe not too far from Stockholm. I was looking at Lake Mälaren which could be a possibility?

Does anyone have any suggestions or useful links I could check out?

I apologize if I’m in the wrong place here and for writing in English. Feel free to reply in Swedish, I’m learning…
Thank you very much!!

Christof

The area around Katrineholm

and down to Nyköping is very rewarding for tent trips wih a canadian canoe.

The arichipelagoe in the Baltic sea is also very nice but usually more suiable for kayak trips.

Will you use a car in order to paddle from A to B or to you intend to make a roundtrip? Will you hire a canoe?

Thure

Thanks for your suggestion Thure!

I will be renting a canoe and since I don't have a car I'm looking for a roundtrip (unless the rental companies can relocate the canoe afterwards).The archipelago seems great, but as you said, more suitable for kayaking. We are really looking for a more calm canoeing trip.

Christof

I would suggest you consider alternative routes in order to paddle downwind. The rental company will fetch your canoe or drive you out with it for an additional fee.

Thure

Thanks for the info Thomas and Thure again!

Based on some quick browsing, I think Lake Båven and surroundings looks very promising. It is however quite a long trip with public transport to Skebokvarn from Stockholm. Katrineholm and Mariefred are more convenient in this aspect.

I'll see if I can find some more information on these sites and do some more reading.

Meanwhile, any other suggestions, books, links etc are very welcome,

Thanks!
Christof

Thank you very much Patrick, this is great!

I'm not entirely sure how much distance we will travel, but I estimate about 15 - 20 km per day, so around 50 km in three days. It would be ideal if the itinerary was flexible, so we can take it easy and adjust as we go. We are looking for calm waters, so probably a lake or slow stream.

Christof

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.