Kiruna Area, anything else than Kungsleden?

avslutad210712

Gäst
Katterjåkk and Katterat is two different kind of walk.

Unna Allakas - Katterjåkk is harder ground with lots of rocks.
Unna Allakas - Katterat is more on soft ground.
I also think that Katterjåkk is a little bit longer

I cant say which of them i should prefer.

Its Kiruna
Its summer

It never gets dark so just walk on :)

Not entirely true. I have hiked in early August and it gets dark quite early. You normally hike in valleys which are surrounded with tall mountains. When the sun disappears behind the mountains it gets dark in the valley. In the beginning of August it gets dark around eight.

I recommend a visit to the Nallo lodge. It is located in a narrow valley with steep mountains on either side. The Nallo mountain close to the lodge has a sharp peak. Dramatic and beautiful landscape.

avslutad210712

Gäst
Not entirely true. I have hiked in early August and it gets dark quite early. You normally hike in valleys which are surrounded with tall mountains. When the sun disappears behind the mountains it gets dark in the valley. In the beginning of August it gets dark around eight.

I recommend a visit to the Nallo lodge. It is located in a narrow valley with steep mountains on either side. The Nallo mountain close to the lodge has a sharp peak. Dramatic and beautiful landscape.

But the question and answer was "as long as it's not dark we can walk till 10pm first day without a problem" and the first day is the 21 of july and thats not in august :)

Anyone know the bus price from Kiruna Airport to Kiruna City? horvalls.se shows 100SEK but I asked ltnbd.se whats the fare for this route with line 91 and they answered its just 30SEK. Line 91 depart just 15 Minutes later than the expensive bus. Can this be right?

Planing to walk this track from Nikkaluokta to Katterat: http://en.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=7074741

Timetable of the transport would better fit with starting in Nikkaluokta and ending in Katterat but I'm a little worried about to walk in this direction. If we walk faster than we expect how can we extend the track in this direction. Would it be worth to walk to Rombaksbotn for a day or worth to walk to next train station Bjornfjell?

avslutad210712

Gäst
The next time I walk in Caihnavaggi I'm going to take the west side of the lake 1094. The east side is one big rocky field.

avslutad210712

Gäst
So you would leave the marked trail? Okay, exept of that any idea what to do it we are to early in Katterat?

The marked trail (which isn't marked at all) goes over a really really rocky part with lots and lots of rocks. Small and big and loose.

The WEST side is just a walk at the "beach" (dosen't really know the English Word).

The reason that the trail is on the EAST side is because there is a glacier marked on the WEST side on the map but I have looked at my photos and there is maybe a small snowfield on the WEST but not a glacier anymore.

The EAST side has been discussed many times here on utsidan because of the many rocks/stones.

[Changed]

http://www.utsidan.se/albums/viewpic.htm?ID=66389

http://www.utsidan.se/albums/viewpic.htm?ID=66390&set=

Senast redigerad av en moderator:

avslutad210712

Gäst
Sometimes there goes really wrong. The west side is the easy side - nothing else

Senast redigerad av en moderator:
Ok, we will try to pass on the west side. River at the north of the lake isn't to big to cross?
How about taking the higher way to Katterat and not follow the street, on the map there is a wide river to cross to get to that way. Is it easy?

avslutad210712

Gäst
The jokk at the North end you will pass which way yuo go and it was a easy one. The jokk that comes from west to lake 1004 can be a little tricky if there is much water but the passing is marked. You can avoid that jokk if you are going east of 1004 but the jokk from 1004 in the North end i have no idea if its easy or hard to pass.

Here are a photo of the jokk from 1004. Dont look to hard to cross

http://www.utsidan.se/albums/viewpic.htm?ID=71300

Here are another photo of the west side of lake 1094 taken from the North side. The snowfield looks small and the beach looks a lot easier to walk then the east side

http://www.utsidan.se/albums/viewpic.htm?ID=71301

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
Fjorr Fullbokat tåg Kiruna-Abisko Fjällvandring 6
Palmin Bussgods från Kiruna till Saltuloukta Fjällvandring 0
Jockan Transport kiruna till abisko Fjällvandring 4
takinuknik Flyga med packning Kiruna Fjällvandring 4
NiclasLG Dela taxi Kiruna flygplats - Nikkaloukta 26 jul 2023 Fjällvandring 3
Niklas70 Dela taxi Kiruna – Nikkaluokta 14 augusti Fjällvandring 2
jonw Sju dagar till/från Kiruna. Hinner jag gå runt Kebnekaise eller ska hitta någon annan rutt? Fjällvandring 15
robhero Dela taxi Kiruna till Nikkaluokta 20/4 Fjällvandring 1
sekar00 Lift sökes nikkaluokta-kiruna 28/7 Fjällvandring 1
Pla690 Gasol Kiruna Fjällvandring 6
Mr.H Campingar Riksgränsen -Kiruna Fjällvandring 6
nickimark Resa Kiruna-Nikkaluokta 12/6 eller 13/6 Fjällvandring 1
robhero Dela taxi Kiruna till Nikkaluokta 21/4 samt retur 25/4? Fjällvandring 0
Ulan65 Var parkera? Abisko, Kiruna eller Nikkaloukta? Fjällvandring 25
emilobrink Resa Kiruna-Nikkaluokta Fjällvandring 12
ABergstrom Vandring kring Kiruna 4nätter. Tips! Fjällvandring 6
haiwa Transport Nikkalukta - Kiruna efter 22 sept Fjällvandring 2
Ralphandersson Spektakulär vandring/topptur längs vägen Kiruna-Lofoten Fjällvandring 6
veni Hur kommer man från Kiruna till Kvikkjokk på en söndag? Fjällvandring 6
utesälen Bli av med gasflaskor i Kiruna? Fjällvandring 6
Hjelte Dela taxi Nikkaluokta till Kiruna 27/7 Fjällvandring 0
Michael177 Transport Kiruna Airp - Nikkaluokta 15 Juni 2018 Fjällvandring 5
KaptenKeps Kiruna - Nikkaluokta Fjällvandring 4
Friluffarna Samåkning taxi Kiruna-Abisko 14 juli Fjällvandring 0
dmitrij Taxi Kiruna Nikkoluokta Fjällvandring 1
andersww Delad taxi Kiruna Nikkaluokta 18/8 Fjällvandring 2
David93 Dela taxi Kiruna - Nikkaloukta 31/7 Fjällvandring 2
Jojosurf Dela Taxi Nikkaluokta - Kiruna flygplatsen 28 juli Fjällvandring 0
monstrum Taxi Kiruna-Nikkaluokta 17/7 Fjällvandring 2
geraldine.boudart_gmail.com Taxi from Kiruna to Abisko Fjällvandring 0
karrlander Tåg Stockholm - Kiruna? Fjällvandring 7
OnMyWay Abisko - Kiruna i slutet av november/början av december Fjällvandring 25
Guffa Taxi Kiruna - Nikkaluokta fredag 26/8 Fjällvandring 2
sebkar Att ta sig till Kiruna från gbg innan 09:30 Fjällvandring 5
Zaine Dela Taxi Kiruna- Nikka 21:a & 26:e augusti Fjällvandring 0
Zaine Nikkaluokta- Kiruna flygplats 26/8 Fjällvandring 0
Fiaaa Dela taxi Kiruna flygplats till Nikkaluokta 13/8 Fjällvandring 3
Johan Åberg Taxi från Nikkaluokta till Kiruna flygplats, 15/8 - 2016 Fjällvandring 3
Erik-Klättra Samåkning Kiruna - Nikkaloukta - 7 Aug 2016 Fjällvandring 0
bombuspolaris Åtgång flygbiljetter Kiruna -> Arlanda? Fjällvandring 7
thesleff Dela taxi Kiruna till Nikkaloukta 23 juli (lördag)? Fjällvandring 0
mertheew Dela taxi Kiruna - Nikkaloukta 30/7 Fjällvandring 0
jorika Samåkning Nikkaloukta - Kiruna 1 juli (och från kiruna - nikkaloukta 25 juni) Fjällvandring 0
Shangol Dela taxi 14/6 Kiruna till Nikkaluokta Fjällvandring 0
Martinnn Kiruna till Kebne sydtopp Fjällvandring 8
nicko_ Pris på flyg från Kiruna till södra Sverige Fjällvandring 5
quango Bussanslutning Kiruna - Nikkaluokta Fjällvandring 13
Röd Oktober Dela taxi Nikkaluokta - Kiruna lö 5/9? Fjällvandring 0
MadeleineN Hjälp! Någon som sitter på nattåget mot Kiruna och kan ta emot en grej jag glömt?! Fjällvandring 1
zimtec Transport Kiruna-Nikkaluokta lör 13/6? Fjällvandring 0

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.