NOAA Weather Radio

Mosquito repellant in Sweden contains only 20% DEET , try to get 50% or 80% DEET before you travel..

I would take 150% if it was possible, but I think REPEL® 100 will work fine

Avoid beeing down in the valleys (under the tree limit) when setting up your tent in the evening. The evenings - when the wind is calming down- is the worst period.

Noted
I will possibly change my trip plan accordingly

We are planning to hike Sarek at the 1st of July. Not sure how much rain we'll have, but we took in mind the fact that we'll have to wait a bit.
As it seems right now, we'll only have one big river to cross.

You might want to ask here about your river crossings along the route if you don´t have got anyone involved in your trip familiar with Sarek.

I hope that one river you mention isn´t the Rapa river (Rahpaädno on the map). There is only one place to cross it and you have the odds agaist you in the beginning of July, given that if the water is high you definitly can´t cross it even there.

You might want to ask here about your river crossings along the route if you don´t have got anyone involved in your trip familiar with Sarek.

I hope that one river you mention isn´t the Rapa river (Rahpaädno on the map). There is only one place to cross it and you have the odds agaist you in the beginning of July, given that if the water is high you definitly can´t cross it even there.

I can read some Swedish so I got some books about Sarek, and I also hiked Kungsleden.

That's a good idea, I'll do that soon. Though from what it seems, we'll only sort of cross it with a boat at Aktse

Good to hear you have read books about Sarek, if that includes a guidebook you should have all essential information for a safe trip already. However, you will likely get some good adivce if you post your route here so it is worth considering.

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
oskar_thulin Radio i fjällen? Fjällvandring 13
oskarlin Radio i Sarek Fjällvandring 3
tbergman Radio på fjället Fjällvandring 13
fullrulle Radio i Sarek Fjällvandring 10
realout Radio i fjällen? Fjällvandring 3
fms504 Radio i fjällen? Fjällvandring 9
dat94mka radio Fjällvandring 0

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.