Ask for your advice: Prekestolen, Norway.

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Prekestolen in late May. Prekestolen is located somewhere along Lysefjord near Stavanger in Norway. My main concern is how to reach there since, as a backpacker, I have to depend on public transportation. Is Stavanger the most suitable place to stay for the night? From Stavanger to Prekestolen is there any public bus operating, and if so, how much time it takes to go one-way?

I'm living now in Väst Sverige. What's the most economical way to go to my destination? Someone suggested to me that I should fly to Bergen. I'm unable, however, to locate a flight other than what SAS offers, which is expensive.

I would deeply appreciate your advice and any helpful tips. Thanks in advance!

You can get very cheap fares Oslo - Stavanger by train if Minipris tickets are available. (199 kr one way)

They are normally available if you book well in advance or select off-peak hours.

Book at http://www.nsb.no

Good info is to be found on <a href=//www.summitpost.org/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/1945><b>Summitpost.</B></A>

Glöm allt du lärt dig om vandringsskor

Sneakers och löparskor kan vara bekväma för enklare promenader, men de är inte designade för de utmaningar som vandring kan erbjuda. Ojämn terräng, ...