Need advice on pulka harnesses

Hi, everyone!

First post, and it has to be in English.

I need some advice from pulka users. I live in Stockholm, which means I don't have an easy access to snow.

I want a pulka harness to train with a tyre and from time to time, when I can, to use it with a pulka. I am very new on my skis, so at this moment I will use a lot more the harness with a tire than with skis, no doubt about it.

The options I’ve found are a bit confusing, and given that these are not items you find easily on Blocket, probably I will have to buy new. So, time to ask around.

As a reference, I am 184cm tall, and 83kg.

I see backpacks like this:

40L https://www.fjellpulkenshop.com/products/fjellpulken-xpack-rucksack-40-liter-red

25L https://www.fjellpulkenshop.com/products/fjellpulken-xpack-rucksack-25-l-green

And then harness like this:

https://www.fjellpulkenshop.com/products/fjellpulken-xpedition-pro-forsterket-pulksele

and this, that seems to be “designed for people using the pulk a lot or training with tyre”:

https://www.fjellpulkenshop.com/products/fjellpulken-xpedition-pro-forsterket-pulksele3

I favor this last one, and among the backpacks the smallest, I would like to know the opinion of people that have actually used one or more of this items.

Thank you so much in advance.

/Bixen

training vs skitouring

Hello!

For training I'd go for the one you prefer and it would also work if you have a suitable backpack to complement it for skitouring.

I have the 40l version of backpack and it is great to have what you need for the day easily accesible, you will get a lot warmer then you initially expect, regardless of temperature... and it's crucial that you constantly take off/put on clothes to keep sweating to a minimum on longer cold weather trips.

Skiing with pulka on flats and upwards require similar training to what you can practice with pulling weight without snow (keep a slow steady pace). If you are a beginner on skis... biggest risk for injury is downhill!!!

Depending on your tour plans... but touring in low alpine terrain I'd recommend something like this for preparation

Go to a skislope (no need for at fancy place green/blue slopes is all you need) and rent ordinary slalomskis and when you feel safe switch to telemark skis and again when you feel safe go for your touring skis and again when you feel safe add the pulka without weight.

...if your plan is to go somewhere off-track start over with telemark skis and touring skis beside the groomed area so you get the feel for what happens in untouched snow.

Be careful with a hevvyweigh pulka going downhill... learn how to break! old military technique is to sit on your poles (don't break them because you will need them!) but you can also find alternative brake ideas surfing the internet

The following has nothing to do with what you are asking...but my recommendation is that your skitouring shoes really keep the foot in place, to much movement and you will get blisters faster then you thougt possible when pulling a pulka upwards... where I live I have 500m vertical to the point where the nice skiining begins...

Enjoy!

Hello!

For training I'd go for the one you prefer and it would also work if you have a suitable backpack to complement it for skitouring.

I have the 40l version of backpack and it is great to have what you need for the day easily accesible, you will get a lot warmer then you initially expect, regardless of temperature... and it's crucial that you constantly take off/put on clothes to keep sweating to a minimum on longer cold weather trips.

The backpack has that big advantage, that's for sure. Clothes in and out, the termos, some snacks, etc. That is why I was considering the smaller one. To avoid packing too much, but have the chance to pack some stuff.

(...)

Go to a skislope (no need for at fancy place green/blue slopes is all you need) and rent ordinary slalomskis and when you feel safe switch to telemark skis and again when you feel safe go for your touring skis and again when you feel safe add the pulka without weight.

...if your plan is to go somewhere off-track start over with telemark skis and touring skis beside the groomed area so you get the feel for what happens in untouched snow.

Be careful with a hevvyweigh pulka going downhill... learn how to break! old military technique is to sit on your poles (don't break them because you will need them!) but you can also find alternative brake ideas surfing the internet

Certainly going downhill is a big challenge for me at the moment. But no rush. Right now I would pull my snow shoes and just walk. I can walk and sweat without feeling like I am missing anything walking downhill where I could ski.

The following has nothing to do with what you are asking...but my recommendation is that your skitouring shoes really keep the foot in place, to much movement and you will get blisters faster then you thougt possible when pulling a pulka upwards... where I live I have 500m vertical to the point where the nice skiining begins...
Enjoy!

Lots of stuff to keep in mind. Thank you!

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
TFTF Pulka eller ryggsäck mellan stugor? Turskidåkning 10
Crimper Pulka för Vålådalsfyrkanten Turskidåkning 10
kajhaj Hjul till pulka Turskidåkning 9
egh01 Jemtlander-pulka, någon som testat? Turskidåkning 5
Häreblad Repbroms till pulka Turskidåkning 1
Sentient6 Dra pulka i ryggsäck? Turskidåkning 9
Pezeb Packa pulka inför turen Turskidåkning 5
dafunq Kortare längdturer med barn i vanlig pulka Turskidåkning 5
på tunn is Jemtlander pulka (Hilleberg?) Turskidåkning 3
TobiasSander Fjädring av pulka Turskidåkning 4
bjrn Tur med pulka: greppvalla och stighudar Turskidåkning 12
joakimkarlsson1022 Vilken pulka ska jag välja? Turskidåkning 44
Ditho Pulka på SJs dagtåg Turskidåkning 8
thureb Hur svänga nedför med pulka? Turskidåkning 11
Kalle B Pulka bygge Turskidåkning 2
jb78 Bygga ruta till pulka Turskidåkning 8
jb78 Fjellpulkens nya pulka Turskidåkning 2
jb78 Ammarnäs m turskidor och pulka Turskidåkning 3
vandrafjäll Pulka för fjällvandring endast 450-550 :- Turskidåkning 17
såg pulka Turskidåkning 15
Jonas.O Pulka Paris Expedition el liknande? Turskidåkning 44
deriks Pulka i skidspåret, Stockholm Turskidåkning 24
rispalt Vilken pulka för 7-10 dar på fjället? Turskidåkning 11
Gorrgel Sele till pulka? Turskidåkning 9
rimn kungsleden: smidigaste lösningen för rutt å pulka? Turskidåkning 14
Läderremmar till pulka Turskidåkning 12
luktafotogen Någon som vill ha sin pulka modifierad? Turskidåkning 16
Robinösd Paris Pulka Östersund/Jämtland Turskidåkning 0
Bjornligans.draghundar Storlek på pulka Turskidåkning 20
Talgoxen Bästa sätt att hjälpa till att dra pulka? Turskidåkning 5
luktafotogen Praktiska tips för pulka Turskidåkning 26
rimn Dra en pulka över Grönland 2012 Turskidåkning 0
joask202 Bästa sätt att dra pulka? Turskidåkning 7
ValterL Pulka och ryggsäck i gruppen Turskidåkning 5
hobbit pulka önskas hyra Turskidåkning 0
Vandrare Pulka in till Hunddalen? Turskidåkning 3
azure79 Expeditionsskida för långturer med pulka Turskidåkning 9
davst Pulka på hjul? Turskidåkning 5
afuecker Takbox-Pulka Turskidåkning 2
gynner 17 kg på ryggen eller i pulka? Turskidåkning 10
bodach Pulka KIRUNA/Nikka/Keb? Turskidåkning 1
MickeOlle Hyra pulka? Turskidåkning 0
BjörnW Pulka eller ryggsäck på Kungsleden? Turskidåkning 19
T.S Någon som har en sån här pulka? Turskidåkning 11
majjen Packa pulka? Pulka på tåg? Turskidåkning 12
majjen Hur stor pulka behöver jag? Turskidåkning 10
Polarnatt Tips på kapell till pulka Turskidåkning 28
Var hittar jag plastlister till pulka Turskidåkning 13
luddbert Ryggsäck + pulka Turskidåkning 3
Freud Skriande behov av en pulka! Turskidåkning 67

Liknande trådar

Glöm allt du lärt dig om vandringsskor

Sneakers och löparskor kan vara bekväma för enklare promenader, men de är inte designade för de utmaningar som vandring kan erbjuda. Ojämn terräng, ...