Camping gas - can i buy near Arlanda

Hi from Scotland,
Please excuse my lack of Swedish!:) Does anybody know if it is possible to buy screw thread camping gas cannisters (eg for MSR pocket rocket type stove) near Arlanda airport? We arrive at 19.00 and want to take the 23.00 train North to Murjek. We will only have a 20 mins in Murjek before going to Kvikjokk and we need gas.
Many many thanks
Alan

According to their website, the fjällstation in Kvikkjokk sells gas.

"2. Vilket utbud har butiken?
I butiken finns ett blandat utbud av mat; både färskvaror och torrvaror, samt en del friluftsprylar. Du kan hitta mycket som du behöver för fjällturen. Vi har bl a kartor, myggmedel, mygghattar samt gas, spritbränsle och bensin till utekök. "

Yes, as others have said, the time of the day is the major problem here.

If it had been 4 hours from 13.00 to 17.00 you could easily have taken the commutor train somewhere to buy gas, but evenings most stores are closed.

One alternative may be gas stations, but they tend to be on the expensive side and hard to reach without car.

When are you arriving at Arlanda?
If it's after July 6 I can meet you at one of the terminals so that I can give away one of my many gas canisters. Most of them are half filled, but a few are almost full.

Hi,
Many thanks for your replies and thanks for the very kind offer Tuvok. I had e-mailed the Fjallstation but have had no reply yet. I will contact them again.
Thanks
Alan

Hi,
Many thanks for your replies and thanks for the very kind offer Tuvok. I had e-mailed the Fjallstation but have had no reply yet. I will contact them again.
Thanks
Alan

My suggestion is that you give them a call on the number above and ask them to set aside (reserve) the gas cannisters you need in your name This should ensue theyare wating for you upon your arrival.
230g Primus Power gas cannisters should be most common in the stock they normally carry.

Hi Alan
Just in case you do not get an answer from Kvikkjokk. You will have a 30 minutes break in Jokkmokk, there is a gas station right next to the bus-stop
http://www.hitta.se/kartan!~66.60804,19.82925,17z/tr!i=sCOmiEd4/tileLayer!l=1
They should have gas as well.
There is another gas-station near the roundabout there I know that they had gas when I last was there, but this is about 500m walk. might be a bit tight.
http://www.hitta.se/kartan!~66.60654,19.82642,17z/tr!i=sCOmiEd4/tileLayer!l=1

Enjoy your trip
Henning

There is a Cirkle K gas (petrol) station at Arlanda airport, they may have camping gas, it is a 15 minute walk from the terminals:
DRIFTVÄGEN 4
19060, STOCKHOLM-ARLANDA

Liknande trådar

Liknande trådar

Glöm allt du lärt dig om vandringsskor

Sneakers och löparskor kan vara bekväma för enklare promenader, men de är inte designade för de utmaningar som vandring kan erbjuda. Ojämn terräng, ...