Nyhetsrapporter om alpin klättring

avslutad210712

Gäst
Har helt bommat den här tråden tidigare och bara skummat genom den som snabbast men den verkar riktigt intressant. Skoj initiativ och tack.

5 nominees in contention for the 18th Piolets d’Or

The international jury of the 18th Piolets d’Or has just named the five nominee ascents among the 52 grand firsts and series undertaken on mountains all over the world during 2009.

The central characters of these impressive climbs will be present in Chamonix and Courmayeur from 7th to 10th April.

Alpinists from every horizon will meet up to celebrate their shared passion for the mountains and enjoy the festive spirit, with conferences, debates, films, meetings and other cultural activities taking place in both Courmayeur and Chamonix Mont-Blanc.

THE ASCENTS

Cho Oyu, 8201 m - Nepal

Kazakhs Denis Urubko and Boris Dedechko opened a new route on the South East Face in May (Nepalese side). With this ascent, Urubko becomes the fifteenth man to have successfully climbed all fourteen 8000ers, and the ninth person to do it without oxygen. At 36 years of age, the Kazakh has taken nine years to accomplish this feat. He did not choose the easy option when opening a new route, alpine-style, on three 8000ers including this one, an ascent which won him a Piolet d’Or Asia.

Name of the route: Kazakh Dedechko-Urubko

Length: 2600m

Difficulty announced: M6, 6b, A2/A3

Date of the ascent: from 11th to 15th May 2009

Chang Himal, 6750 m - Nepal

At the beginning of November, Brits Nick Bullock and Andy Houseman successfully completed a first on the central pillar of the North Face of Chang Himal, not far from Kanchenjunga. The two men took five days to climb this technical route of 1800 metres of mixed difficulty evaluated at M6. The route had previously been attempted without success in 2007 by Slovenian climbers.

Name of the route: Bullock-Houseman

Length: 1800m

Difficulty announced: M6

Date of the ascent: from 29th October to 2nd November 2009

Gongga North-West Peak 6134m - China

The first ascent of this summit, situated in Sichuan province, was successfully completed in May by Russians Mikhail Mikhailov and Alexander Ruchkin. They climbed the 1100 metre rock pillar over five days. It presented mixed difficulty on the lower section and a fabulous free-climb on the upper section. These two alpinists, members of the expedition to the North Face of Jannu in January 2004, specified that they used no bolts to open this route. They were awarded the Russian Piolet d’Or for this ascent.

Name of the route: Carte Blanche

Length: 1100m

Difficulty announced: 6c free climbing, mixed climbing with an ice passage of 75°

Date of the ascent: April 2009

Xuelian West, 6422 m China

Over five days, Americans Jed Brown and Kyle Dempster along with Scotsman Bruce Normand completed the North Face of the previously unclimbed west summit of Xuelian West (Chinese Tien Shan). This climb is long, complicated and technically difficult.

Name of the route: The Great White Jade Heist

Length: 2650m

Difficulty announced: ice 5, rock 5.7, mixed M6.

Date of the ascent: from 26th to 30th August 2009

Pic Pobeda, 7439m Kirghizstan

At the end of August, Russian climbers Vitaly Gorelik and Gleb Sokolov opened a difficult new route on the North Face of Peak Pobeda, the highest summit in the Tien Shan massif. The two men climbed a difficult 2400 metre buttress alpine-style in seven and a half days, in bad weather conditions, until they reached a minor peak along the long summit. They then took one and a half days to descend. They encountered numerous passages of black ice and delicate zones of mixed terrain which slowed their progress. Sokolov, 56 and Gorelik aged 42 are both experienced Russian alpinists. They were both members of the victorious K2 expedition in 2007.

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
iceman123 Alpin klättring i Norden Alpin / Bigwall 1
robert.karlstrom.77 Vill lära mig alpin klättring! Alpin / Bigwall 3
mBengtson Svensk till G2 i alpin stil. Alpin / Bigwall 5
orren86 Alpin kurs? Alpin / Bigwall 27
zardoz Alpin klättring - inknytning? Alpin / Bigwall 5
Edvin m Alpin förare över Chamonix området? Alpin / Bigwall 2
seon Alpin stil, vad är det, och vilka har gjort det i Himalaya? Alpin / Bigwall 7
Edvin m Lätt alpin isyxa Alpin / Bigwall 16
Nedar Alpin grundkurs sökes Alpin / Bigwall 6
simonthegraf alpin rock climbing in sweden? Alpin / Bigwall 1
chrtur [TR] - Alpin superklassiker Alpin / Bigwall 4
GrpCAndersson Alpin klættring 2008 Alpin / Bigwall 0
owahlund Alpin klättring i chamonix Alpin / Bigwall 5
langby Vill börja med alpin klättring Alpin / Bigwall 11
Carlarmfelt Traditionell 2:nd tool för alpin klättring Alpin / Bigwall 7
chem alpin stil Alpin / Bigwall 41
realout Börja med alpin klättring? Alpin / Bigwall 2
owahlund Alpin utbildning Alpin / Bigwall 8
Ix Alpin ryggsäck Alpin / Bigwall 12
LRF Alpin klättring och vandring i Iran? Alpin / Bigwall 6
mattias_tornudd Alpin klättring St Anton Alpin / Bigwall 0
Jervhed Alpin sele Alpin / Bigwall 17
Pask Ny alpin hemsida! Alpin / Bigwall 2
0399 Hög alpin kurs Alpin / Bigwall 7
grawin Alpin kurs Alpin / Bigwall 3
JonasRenemar Klättring kring Kebenekaise Alpin / Bigwall 3
DavRim Klättring i alperna v 34 Alpin / Bigwall 2
mBengtson Mixad klättring frisolo Alpin / Bigwall 3
zardoz Hur genomför denna klättring? Alpin / Bigwall 6
E9climbing Framtiden för klättring i Pakistan - Post Nanga Parbat Attacken Alpin / Bigwall 1
kjpil Vad hittar man för typ av klättring i alperna april/maj? Alpin / Bigwall 10
Arfvid klättring abisko/gränsen/narvik-området? Alpin / Bigwall 6
anojak Klättring Alpin / Bigwall 12
mo9jan Klättring kring Tarfala? Alpin / Bigwall 10
peter7435 Klättring på farfars tid Alpin / Bigwall 7
MickeOlle Packad för klättring Alpin / Bigwall 2
Mike C Klättring i Kittelfjället? Alpin / Bigwall 4
lillajag åska vid klättring Alpin / Bigwall 16
PerHenrik Bästa tid för klättring i chamonix Alpin / Bigwall 13
bjorn_osterlind Klättring i Chamonix Alpin / Bigwall 2
liedberg Klättring i Jotunheimen Alpin / Bigwall 2
jp Klättring i Jutunheimen Alpin / Bigwall 8
mrwest Klättring i Chamonix? Alpin / Bigwall 2
jliungman Klättring på grönland Alpin / Bigwall 1
föhl Klättring i Trysil? Alpin / Bigwall 0
simon klättring sarekpakte Alpin / Bigwall 2
tobbe1976 Klättring i Ecuador, Peru och Bolivia? Alpin / Bigwall 10
Val av skor för klättring samt vandring Alpin / Bigwall 6
joakimjanninge Klättring på Mt Kenya och i östafrika?? Alpin / Bigwall 0
donga Active List - Klättring Alpin / Bigwall 0

Liknande trådar

Glöm allt du lärt dig om vandringsskor

Sneakers och löparskor kan vara bekväma för enklare promenader, men de är inte designade för de utmaningar som vandring kan erbjuda. Ojämn terräng, ...