NOAA Weather Radio

I will not be able to access the internet while at Sarek.
I guess I will have to use a satellite based weather forecast.

Expensive. but working in Sarek!

InReach is an alternative where you can get weather forecast on demand and also communicate with textmessages to (and from) all internet mail boxes. It´s also sending tracking information with selected time intervalls.

It is correct that internet can only be reached near the entrances of the park.

I think most backpackers in Sarek accept hiking without any weather forecasts. In this area such information is not very reliable anyway due to the terrain. If you visit the area in summer you will probably have some days with rain, but hopefully not too many. This means you must be flexible and have extra time to wait for better weather if the waterstreams are too difficult to cross.

Wish you a pleasant trip!

So I've checked with the guys that rent InReach devices in Israel, and they said the weather function is part of their rental package so I think I will go for it and rent one.

We are planning to hike Sarek at the 1st of July. Not sure how much rain we'll have, but we took in mind the fact that we'll have to wait a bit.
As it seems right now, we'll only have one big river to cross.

So I've checked with the guys that rent InReach devices in Israel, and they said the weather function is part of their rental package so I think I will go for it and rent one.

We are planning to hike Sarek at the 1st of July. Not sure how much rain we'll have, but we took in mind the fact that we'll have to wait a bit.
As it seems right now, we'll only have one big river to cross.

Remember mosquito repellant - there´s a lot of mosquitos at that time.

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
oskar_thulin Radio i fjällen? Fjällvandring 13
oskarlin Radio i Sarek Fjällvandring 3
tbergman Radio på fjället Fjällvandring 13
fullrulle Radio i Sarek Fjällvandring 10
realout Radio i fjällen? Fjällvandring 3
fms504 Radio i fjällen? Fjällvandring 9
dat94mka radio Fjällvandring 0

Liknande trådar

Sova ute en natt i månaden

Anna och Anna har hittat det bästa ”lifehacket” någonsin – och upptäckt många naturreservat i sömnen.