European Health Insurance Card

Hi. Anyone can tell me if someone need medical care in sweden or norway far away from civilisation, will the helicopter transport to hospital be free of charge with a European Health Insurance Card?

Yes this is correct in Sweden. The european health insurance card guarentees free healthcare for every citizens whose country is a part of this union. Sweden I know for a fact is a part of this partnership, however I don NOT know if Norway is a part. It's also important to remember that you maybe won't be able to reach a signal with your cellphone in the wild.

EDIT: Norway IS a part of this partnership

Yes, but keep in mind a prerequisite is that you are actually in dire need of rapid medical attention (situation that is life threatening or that may rapidly/seriously worsen if not immediately taken care of) or you may be told to order private helicopter transport instead. This holds true for Swedish citizens as well. Mobile coverage in the mountains, as already said by previous poster, is spotty at best but there are shortwave emergency radio telephones available at some mountain huts.

I already read that its common to pay in sweden if you go to doctor or hospital with the european health insurance. 80SEK per day in hospital, 250 SEK for doctor in hospital, 100-300 SEK for a doctor outside of hospital. Is there any surecharge for medical transport, too?

Is there any surecharge for medical transport, too?

I found information from 2012 explicitly saying that no surcharge is taken for an emergency helicopter. However, keep in mind that an ambulance might haul you from the helicopter landing site to the hospital. Some counties take a small surcharge (100-250 SEK) for ambulance hauling whilst in others it is "free".

Glöm allt du lärt dig om vandringsskor

Sneakers och löparskor kan vara bekväma för enklare promenader, men de är inte designade för de utmaningar som vandring kan erbjuda. Ojämn terräng, ...