This page hasn't been updated for ever and
Over the years, so many people have helped me
me and been great friends in general. I hope you one day find
this page, you're not forgotten!
First of all I wanna thank the persons I've been
cycling with for a longer period of time (two weeks and more) or at several different occasions:
- Mikael Bach. I
wonder if had managed to go to very far without
you. Most people know how to fix a flat, before
taking off for a long journey, I didn't and you
had a lot of patience teaching me all the basics.
Still into triathlon?
- Mark Maybank. I have
no clue where you are now? Taiwan, Zhonggou or
back in England? Still addicted to
"bolou"? A shame we couldn't continue
all the way to Hong Kong. My Chinese is still not
that good, but I'm working on it...
- Torbjörn Lindgren
We really know how to get into crazy situations when traveling
Flashbacks about ventilation shafts in Kaymakli, volcano climbs
snowstorms in Lebanon. The swim crossing the Nile in Cairo is still
Sauser The Master
Better", lost the Vuelta bet 1999! We gotta
take revenge on Riwoqe one day, we may even find
your pens. I'm really happy we met in Yanjing. Tsampa-Tom
- Cam Ellis. The
Karamiran Challenge is still there - bring many
pairs of spare gloves. This time I think we
better go for a summer tour. Have you modified
your back hub? There's still a possibility, you'll
be the first to cycle over the Tsangpo.
- Ben Aylen. The
words: "defeat"and "give up"
doesn't exist in your vocabulary. I still haven't
broken the Yecheng-Kashi record. Do you still use
the same chopsticks? To you and Cam: Thanks for
sending the food and probably saving my life in
- Ullis Kängström.
No one have ever taught me so much under such a short time. In Kristdala
you gave the expressions heroism, willpower and courage a new
meaning. I've never seen anything like it anytime,
anywhere...Success IS a mind game.
- Flor Toledo.
Superultramega good time in Colombia! Let's do
the El Amparo again! Ecuador=......... Did we
cycle one single day without losing each other
:-) Next time: Snow!
- Albert Kratzer. You
are just wrong about one thing: rain is NOT
liquid sun. Do you remember the words river crossing, wet feet and
trout? Any more
firecrackers in car exhaust pipes? I'll never be
able to break your Snowman record.
Cyclists, travelers and other acquaintances
I've traveled with, received help from or just had a
really good time with. In random order:
- Gil and Werner
(how can you manage 150km/day,
chainsmoking and drinking beers all night?).
- Angeline (Hope you made the right decision in the
- Alex and Adam (did you make it to
on your one-gear-25kg-chinese-clunkers?)
- Chandrai (You must be on your 20'th year on the
saddle by now, reached 400 000km and ALL
- "FootSoldier" (still on clandestine
missions in Burma/Laos/Yunnan?)
- Matt ("nothing short of a bullet in the head
will stop me", i remember those words.
Pretty close in Tadzjikistan, egh!?).
- Mecki Venjakoff ("I'm the oldest female
cyclist in Asia", thank's a million times
for the info).
- Hiroshi (You can't tell a story about
almost getting executed in Afghanistan with NO
- "The Leader" in Bayi
(thanks for the
hints and mental challenge, i hope you got the book)
Marthaler (see you in Geneve, if you ever stop traveling)
- Femke (millions and millions of reasons to thank
- Miho ( I'll drop by for a visit
- Aaron (om baba!)
- Nika Kollar (coffe and endless
some more Norweigian black metal!)
- Dani Birchler
testride" going? The expresso-cooker is
- Stewart (keep up your fantastic work taking care
of homeless dogs!)
- Lisa Lantschner
(have you given up the idea of
riding in Afghanistan-"the muhjahedin
- Manzoor (hope you made it to Europe)
- Amir (you can talk!)
- Massood (you're a living example of never giving
up hope. Good luck in Oz!)
- Hamid (master of massalachai and
you in a nice place one day)
- Omar ( a shame i couldn't stay longer last time,
found a wife yet?)
- Jo (give Mahatmir what he
- Thea (i would never leave "that" on the
table, by the pool :-) ).
- Howard (when can we set up a base and create the
- Thierry (for arranging the christmas -96)
- Baba Nicolai (you showed every junkie in the
world that "cold turkey" is possible)
- Slawek, Sigitas and Manuel (peaceriders with the
- Ben (Norwegian belly dancer!)
- Matt (I still haven't found out what "blue
- Gary (Grrreeeaaat time in vilcabamba)
- Dominique (Mano Chau+cinco de pique)
- "Manuela"+Harriet (see you in central
asia, on horseback?!)
- Pablo, Il Pirata #1 (you are the most straight forward person i ever met, good luck in
- Renè (when do you start flying around the
- Patrick ( say hi to tan+maik)
- Mika (some pool, some day? in Gifu, Amsterdam or Sweden?)
- Gene+Ruth (Thanks for a wonderful time in
- Saul+Becky (Thanks for letting me stay in your
place in Austin)
- "XXX" (you really saved me from the
corrupt police force in panuco, cheers!)
- "XXX" (i always felt welcome coming to
your shop in vilcabamba)
- Steve (your shoes lasted all the way to bosnia
and can be seen on swiss television!)
- Jon (i gotta start sailing again, soon.)
- Thierry (captain on Lobo in the end or...)
- Joe (Floyd is a wonderful person, egh!?)
- Guy+Jessica (American driving licenses!)
- Valle (we made it! even if I freaked out. sorry)
- Alessandra (banana toffee, Monte Baro! any new
- Werner (your films are fantastic, and so was my
stay in Lugano!)
- Hubert (you are the only "true" mountaineer I've ever met. Proposed
book title: Cho Oyo-on a 70$ budget)
- Ingrid (Bavarian food, rules!)
- Hanka (what would life be without good movies?)
- Beau (pool and MTB=great!)
- Nina ( sorry i couldn't show the photos for you
- Jana+Pavel (your ride was fantastic!)
- Poul (going to Kamtjatka? My house paint is still
- The Toledo Family (Mexican food rules!)
- Jerka (Ryba is #1!)
- Eddie (I hope you find what you are looking for)
- The Jörg Family ( great time in Budapest)
- Roland (I had never found Anonymous on my own!)
- Rudy (you have a great place and it's full of
- Hadewych+Patrick (did you get an extra year off?)
- Janet (ID-cards without a photo...you can really
tell a story!)
- Tom (still thinking about time pockets going
backwards in time.... jxxla skitland!)
- Lasse (what would life be without Indian road signs!)
- Karl ( the Hiunchuli expedition was fun, even
- Carl (Darien Gap stories on the Aksaichin
plateau-a great combination!)
- Chen Lei (one day you'll be able to travel by
bike outside China, you've got an amazing
- The Chinese biker in the forests before Bayi. (We
all have to stay away from the PSB...).
- Tan+Maik (i'll try out your restaurant one day,
looking forward to it!)
- Karrianne (still guiding in China?)
- Libby (#1 storyteller!)
- Sue (is your backpack lighter yet?)
- Elvira+Toon (R.I.P. Droupie)
- Jeff (still looking forward to the first copy of
- Hugo, Mexico (great dinner!)
- Seman Road Restaurant staff (the best food in the
world, i'll be back!)
- Jörgen (fantastic 24 hour rhytm in Katmandu!)
- The shopkeeper in Hrvatska Dubice (that's pure
- A Croatian businessman (my maps kept dry, thanks
- Anouschka (if every person in the world kept
their promises like you...!)
- The Tibetan family at the first Gar river
crossing point (you saved my life!)
- Phil McCormack The British embassy
is good for many things...Bacon!
- Rebecca. I hope you got your bike back!
- Phil Spick. Did you win the MTB-race in Nepal?
- A super thanks to Häggs in Portaryd, Sweden's most professional bike
shop. What you guys can't find, probably doesn't exist!
- Björn and Topp 15. A shame you're not around anymore, but you'll be
back in the future in a new shape. Professional knowledge and great
- In Sweden I have a whole bunch of good friends, who deserves a million
thanks, but this is an adventure/cycling site, and the space is limited.
You know who you are!
- Finally a mega thanks to my wonderful grandparents who always helped me
out, encouraged me and pushed me in the right direction. I wonder
where/whom I would be today, if you haven't been around.
Photos on this site: Thanks to. Mikael, Jörg, Torbjörn, Chris,
Stephan, Ben, Cam, Albert, Flor, Paco, Jeff, Ale, Mark, Tom, Nadine and all you other guys who have helped
me out taking photos in some distant corner of the world.
Back to main!